Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Have Fun Coin Collecting.

I am not a big coin collector but I do enjoy it but I have to keep it under control. I always try and find the best deals. I purchase most of my coins from the US Mint online at better prices. I don't buy them from tv shows or magazines their prices are to inflated for me. I try and give my kids and grand children some kind of a coin set at Christmas.
 I have a few dealers online I deal with but it always pays to shop around  their prices online. Just go to google and type in US coin collecting and you will find alot of dealers or go to Ebay and check their site on US Coins.
 I feel it helps the kids understand the art of collecting coins new or old. I also teach them to always check their pocket change because you would be surprised what you may find. I have found quit a few error and old coins from my pocket change. one tip-stay away from gold layered coins yes they are pretty but it does not improve their value.
 I tell the kids to go out buy some coin books or go to library and check out coin collecting books. But always stay within your budget. So lets have fun start collecting coins.

No comments:

Post a Comment