Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Are we really Dinosaurs ?

What a funny question to ask. But do our kids see us that way when it comes to computer knowledge. During Christmas holidays we were blessed with having our son and grandson at home for the first time in many years. When my grandson called and said grandpa do you have wireless ( say what ). When I said no oh grandpa you are still in the dinosaur age ha ha. I have been called alot of things but never a dinosaur before so I asked him to explain to me what he meant by that statement. After a quick lesson I was still in the dark to what he just got through explaining so he said don't worry gramps I will get you up to date. Well when he and my son got here guess where the first place they headed yep my computer room and the next thing I knew there where wires flying everywhere. They started explaining what they were doing and yep here came the senior brain fog moment. I had to get the hell out of there for self preservation so I hung out in the bathroom till it was over. All I could think of was my beautiful computer being molested by these computer hackers. Well I finally emerge from the bathroom and to my surprise everyone was sitting around the table looking so relaxed. Where you been grandpa and I replied I had something to take care of. Oh by the way I notice they all had laptops sitting in front of them and they where all using them. Josh my grandson said will grandpa you are now wireless. I said what does that mean he replied now we are all hooked up off your computer. After showing me what he had done I began to understand more about wireless. The moral to this story is sometimes we should listen to our kids.Because they are a whole lot smarter then we think or give them credit for..

No comments:

Post a Comment