Wednesday, June 22, 2011

OUR DOG LADYBUG..

We had a golden retriever name Lady. She was with us for a wonderful 13 years. When is finaly became ill and past away we were so heart broken. She had become like a big part of our family. We decided not to have another dog because we didn't want to go through the same feelings again.

Well we went for two weeks and missing haveing Lady around my wife and I were miserable and I just decided we needed another dog to help take away the pain and loneliness that we felt. So I decided to go to the animal shelter and see what was there. When I walked throught the shelter I didn't see anything of interest until I started to leave. All alone in a pen off to the side I saw a little shadow of a dog so I went to the door of the pen and knelt down to were I could get a better look and there curled up in the corner was this solid black bundle.

I softly said hey there and a beautiful small black head slowly rose up and turned it eyes toward me and for a moment we just stared at each other. I had never seen a dog so completely black. She got up and slowly came over to me and sat down and I knew then she would be a heart breaker. I slowly put my hand throught the gate and she smelled it and finaly started to lick it and I was hook looking into those black sad eyes. I found out from the attendent that it was a she and she was a full blooded flat coat black retriever the first I had ever seen. She was eight months old and was drop off by a family that had to move out of state for work and could not have a animal at their new home. I knew the attendent real well from over the years helping with food donations to the shelter and I asked her if she was up for adoption. She said she was but they would be very cautious who they allowed th adopt her. But she said We would have no problem with adoption because she said we knew she would get a wonderful home with my wife and I.

Now all I had to do was convince my wife because she wanted another golden retriever hum. Well I knew this was going to be interesting to say at least. First I needed a picture of this dog to help me in my persuation to adopt her,so we took a picture of her and away I went knowing the attendent would hold the dog until I contacted her to let her know our decision. The home front dicision in the next part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment