Tuesday, November 27, 2012

MY BLACK DOG (LADYBUG ).

Well lets see where to start. I read an artical about people who are not to crazy about adopting black dogs or cats and I find that kinda of funny. We had a golden reciever for forteen years and her name was lady and she was the love of our life. She past away and we decided that we would not get another dog because the pain of losing her was so great. when she died I brought her home and buried her on our property the only place she ever knew as home.

Well to get on with the story several weeks had past since lady had died we found ourself's missing her companionship really hard to deal with so one day I said to my wife that's enough we are going to get another dog. I thought well I would run over to the dog pond and see what kind of puppies they had for adoption. So as I walked in they guided me to the rear were all the dogs were caged and had been turned in by their owners for differant reasons. Well I didn't really see anything that caught my eye and was a little disappointed so I started to leave and as I was walking to the front of the building toward the front door I notice in the cage at the front of the building which was dimly lit a set of eye's in the back corner of the front cage. Well curosity got the best of me and I proceeded over to the cage. In the back corner was this black puppy and when I say black I mean so black that the only thing I could see was it's eye's in separating it from the dark walls of the cage.
I had never seen a dog so black so I ask the attendant which we had known for years what kind of dog was it and she replied it is a flat black coat retriever and she was left their by her owners who had to move out of state to find work and the place they had to rent did not allow pets.
Well anyway I went over to the cage a stuck my finger through the cage wire and said hi their baby and she slowly got up and came to where my finger was and very softly began to lick my finger and I was hooked. she was beautiful. I sat there and talked to her yes she was female and I have always preferred female's dogs because they seem to become more attach to people but that's not probily true. Wow I wanted her but now I have to convince my wife so I had to make a plan. I asked if they had any pic's of her and they did have one well I took it and off I went to see what my wife would have to say.
Well after a long dicussion she finnaly give in and I took off to go get her and I well tell you the rest of the story in my next post. be looking for it you will really enjoy it.SAD





No comments:

Post a Comment