Thursday, March 3, 2011

SENIORS CAN FIND WAYS TO CUT COST.

You know with everything on the rise we all must find ways to cut our cost of living. We all know its tough to do but I have found a few ways that may help depending on ur state. I found out some states have a law I suppose its a law but not sure that if you are 65 and older you can get your property tax cut in half.

I heard about it and then I check into it an sure enough I was able to have my property tax cut in half by going down to the tax accessors office. It wasn't much but it help lower my mortgage payment. They installed a fire hydrant within a 1000 feet of my home so I call my home ins co and they lowered my yearly preminum
by 20 %. Well as we say every little bit helps. I service my heating,hot water and cooking with propane gas and we know how these prices have been rising so I though I would buy a electric oil heater and see if that made a different.
Able to turn my thermostat down I have been able to make my propane last longer and saw a little increase in my electic bill but it was still cheaper then a gallion of propane. If you have any ideas on how to help seniors save a little on thier monthly home cost let us know ur secrets we can all use the help. SAD

No comments:

Post a Comment