Wednesday, April 2, 2014

AS A SENIOR WHY DO i BUY SILVER ?

 Back when I was younger I bought collected old silver coins just as a hobby. Now don't get me wrong I was not a silver nut I bought when I had extra money and the price was right. Then in 1986 when the 1 oz American eagle came out through the US Mint I started buying and collecting them one for each year since. I have made it a practice to always buy the next years coin as to add to my collection. But now I don't so much collect them only as I have a bad feeling in my gut that the dollar or as some call it fiat currency is on the downward trend.
I make a point to at least one to five 1oz silver coins a month and sometimes living on a fix income there will be a month here and there I can't afford to buy any that month. I know people say will you can't eat silver and they are right but I don't just by silver I also try and prepare for when something does happen to be prepared for my family the best I can. I live in a rural area and I have my own water supply if needed I also have a septic system so I don't depend on the county to supply me with water if we lose the power grid as we did during the last hurricane for two weeks. You need to have some kind of assets to be able to barter with if that time comes that don't mean just depend on precious metals. Have a little extra food put away. Make sure you have extra medicine you may need put aside. Otherwards don't go into the night without a lite.  A lot of us older people know from the past remember what it was like before we had electicity,running water and we also remember out houses. I know young people laugh about it when you talk about those times.
But those times may be comming again but lets hope not. So many people have no understanding about silver and it's value and what all it's used in and the history of precious metals such as gold and silver as money but the older folks still remember those times. I for one can't afford gold but I can at least buy some silver from time to time and if nothing ever happens I will just save it for my kids and thier children so they can continue to collect it as time goes on. So in my opion have a little silver around the house just in case. Thats why they call it a poor mans gold. This is just one old mans oppion. Just don't get caught un prepared because then you will be at thier mercy with no choice on how to protect your love ones. The only thing that seperates a slave from a man is his ability and freedom to make a choice. Unprepared a slave, Prepared a man. S.A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment