Thursday, July 21, 2011

CANADIANS GOD BLESS THEM.

I always wanted to write something about our Canadian friends across the border. When I was younger I had a chance to visit Canada on several occasions. Tho they were business trips I fell in love with Canada and it's people I meet on those trips. I was just a southern born young man at those times with a slow southern accent.

I always got kidded by them for the way I talked but it was always with respect. I found the country to be beautiful. I tried to see as much as I could see in a few days I had before I had to leave and what I was able to see was awesome.
I found the people to be great. They never made me feel  like a stranger. The people I met always made me feel at home.
But I found out one thing about Canadians don't go drinking with them. I drank drinks I had never heard of and the next morning I woke up in my hotel bathroom with my head stuck in the toilet. Hell I didn't remember being brought back to the hotel. But whatever happened that night they got me back to my room and I was hoping to see them before I left but I had a early flight so I never got a chance to say goodby and thanks.

The next time I traveled to Canada some of the guys ask me to bring them several bottles of Canadian Mist whiskey. So I pick up several bottles and brought them with me. Damn when I got to customs and I thought to myself hey am I going to be arrested for smuggling. But no problem they let me through with the booze. After I found out what a bottle cost in Canada I could see why they wanted me to bring some bottles with me ha ha . This time when they the guys said lets go have a drink after work I decided not to this time out of self preservation. I have always looked back on those days of my time spent in Canada with such great memories of their kindness to a young southern man. God bless Canada and it's warm hearted people. SAD

No comments:

Post a Comment